Yamaha WaterCraft Group introduced its 2017 WaveRunner line that includes the exciting new EX™ Series starting at just $6,599, as well as a new reincarnation of Yamaha’s legendary GP® racing series, the GP1800. The products were unveiled at the company’s annual dealer meeting being held in Chicago, IL, where Yamaha also set out its strategy to be the #1 global marine brand.
New Yamaha’s EX Series, starting at $6,599
The EX WaveRunner® Series is designed for buyers seeking an affordable entry into the sport of personal watercraft, but demand the durability, reliability and quality that only Yamaha can deliver. Key features include:
- Yamaha’s award-winning TR-1™ engine, representing the latest in Yamaha engine technology.
- Best performance, stability, and reliability in the Rec Lite category.
- EX Deluxe equipped with RiDE dual throttle handlebar control system.
- Assembled in the USA in Newnan, GA.
- Series MSRP starts at $6,599.
New High-Performance GP1800 WaveRunner
Born out of Yamaha’s deep race heritage, and designed for closed-course racing and experienced high-performance enthusiasts, the new GP1800 is the quickest, fastest, most precise handling WaveRunner that Yamaha has ever designed. Key features include:
- Powered by the ultra-performance Yamaha SVHO® marine engine.
- Features Yamaha super-lightweight NanoXcel2™ hull and deck material.
- Comes equipped with Yamaha’s award-winning RiDE® system, the industry’s first dual handlebar throttle controls that deliver the utmost control moving forward or in reverse.
Yamaha’s Award-Winning RiDE System
Featured on all WaveRunner models except the SuperJet™, EX and EX Sport, Yamaha’s RiDE dual handlebar throttle controls deliver the utmost control moving forward or in reverse.
RiDE could not be more intuitive. The right handlebar lever is forward. The left is reverse. At speed, the left handlebar lever will also slow you down. Release both right and left levers and the watercraft is in neutral. No shifting. No gears. The only thing to think about is how much fun it is to RiDE.
Yamaha FX Series, VX Series and SuperJet
Returning for 2017 is the luxury-performance FX Series that includes the FX Cruiser SVHO, FX SVHO, FX Cruiser HO and FX HO. New to the FX line is the FX Limited SVHO that comes with a complete water sports accessory package. Joining the FX Series is the full-featured budget-friendly VX Series, the race-performance VXR, and the venerable Yamaha SuperJet, the only stand up watercraft on the market.